Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Homemade Caramels

I love Pinterest and work hard to try the things I pin. I found a recipe for caramels and decided to make them for small group. I bought everything and then found out small group was cancelled. Everything else can be put on hold but since I had the heavy whipping cream I decided I should go ahead and make them. And because I did not want to waste half a can of evaporated milk I decided to double the recipe. Now I just have to find someone to give all these caramels to. I actually realized after making this recipe that came from I heart naptime I followed the recipe to a T. Exact I changed the temp from 232 to 240. They sat up perfectly. I am struggling to not eat them all in one day. I need to go get mini boxes so I can give them out as gifts. My next goal is to make chocolate caramels. I will admit that it takes a long time and while I read that I did not believe it. I stirred that pot for over a hour. Actually I kind of enjoyed it because my baby girl stayed with me the entire time. It was nice to have time together even if it was after bedtime.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Oh how I want to eat all of these!!! :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs