Thursday, April 3, 2014

Oatmeal Pies

Okay I know Little Debbie makes a decent oatmeal pie but seriously these are so much better. I am so grateful for all the amazing bakers who copy cat recipes and then let me steal them for my friends and family.

I found this recipe on pinterest. I have said it before and I will say it again. I am determined to make more of my pinterest finds instead of just collecting them. This recipe comes from one of my favorite blogs Cookies and Cups . I love how she said she copies recipes. I doubled this recipe because I was making them for church. It worked out great because I sent some to a friends son. So the recipe I used was Cookies 1.5 cup butter 3 cup white sugar 1/2 cup light brown sugar 3 Tbsp molasses 4 eggs 2 tsp kosher salt 4 cups all purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp ground cinnamon 4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats 4 tsp baking soda 6 Tbsp boiling water To Make: Preheat oven to 350° Use parchment paper...the cookies come out delicate and you do not want to have to move them around. Plus now the cleanup is cut in half Cream the butter, sugars, and molasses together with your mixer. Add eggs and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, flour, and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture. Add the cinnamon and oats. Mix everything well. In a bowl add the baking soda to the boiling water, and then stir the mixture into the rest of the batter. Mix again and scrape the sides . Drop by rounded tablespoon onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart Bake until edges are brown, 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will look not quite done in the middle but if the edges are brown they are done Let the cookies cool completely on the parchment baking sheet then carefully move to a wire rack. I did not use her filling recipe because I did not have one of the ingredients. I used this recipe.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, these look great!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs