Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My friend Lori


I do not remember when it happened but sometime over the last year I have met a new friend. I mean she has lived right down the street for a few years and maybe we spoke or even talked but I would not say we were true friends. Now we must talk a million times a day. When I need to cry, when I need to laugh, when I need a education on one thing or another. After all we have talked about I bet that last sentence scared her. She has allowed me to watch her children. She has seen my house when it is at its worse. She has seen me at my worse. She has given the love of reading back to me. She is a wonderful mother and anyone who knows her knows that she would drop anything to help someone else. She is a scrap booker, a mother, a daughter, a friend to everyone. Okay, okay I say all this to say that my neighbor would never hurt anyone. The internet is a wonderful place and facebook is awesome but it is also a funny place. I posted a few days ago about how she hit my son with a air soft pellet. I only posted it because she lives on facebook and I wanted to give her a hard time. I can not tell you how many people got really worried about Michael. Then last night I posted a update and I think it scared some people. So let me tell you what happened last night. I went to her house to look at what books I wanted to read next and when I knocked on her door there was a business card from the Federal Investigative Services. First we laughed about it, then one of us said "what if someone turned us in for the air soft thing". Our minds started playing tricks on us and we thought of all the bad things this could be. The card did not say call me, it was just a card. So she called this lady and I watched her face looking for any sign as to rather this lady was checking us out. So what do you think? What did this lady with the fancy business card with a gold shield want? She wanted a reference. She is a investigator and she works on background checks. Man, my heart can stop raising. We have had so much fun with this. I can not believe my friend is moving next month. Who will I talk to countless times a day? Who will I tell my deepest secrets too? Who will ask advice of; who will I let in my house when I would not want anyone else to see? Ladies, in case you know this lady please know that you have made Michael's day because he thinks we are talking about him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs