Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Modesty

I love this girl. We have had the best week. First I took her shopping that turned into shopping for her first pair of wedges. When did my little girl become big enough to wear shoes that make her taller than me. 
For Mother's Day she took me to the movies to see Mom's Night Out. A amazing movie. But that is another post. 
   After the movies we went to walmart. A man walked up to me and told me he liked my dress. He does not know it but that was a huge compliment. Why do I care what some strange man thinks of me. I could not even tell you what them was wearing. But I can tell you what I was wearing a t-shirt and a skirt past my ankles. It was a perfect time to remind Faith that modesty is beautiful. And beautiful is not skin tight clothes and short skirts. 
Pamela

2 comments:

TerriLorraineCote said...

I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one who believes in dressing modestly. God will honor it and I know teaching your girls to dress modest must be a challenge (I don't have any girls) but it will be worth it. The Bible says:

Exodus 28:42 "And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach"

That verse referrs to thigh as nakedness.
Deuteronomy 22:5 "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God."

That verse couldn't be any plainer. I am pretty sure this is referring to pants.

Modesty is very important and I commend you. From one mother to another, GOOD JOB!!!
www.jaronalexander.blogspot.com

Courtney @ LAAC said...

Amen!!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs