Today is Veterans Day. What are you doing on Veterans Day? As a military spouse do you see this as a day to relax because your spouse is off or do you take a couple of minutes and talk to your children about what this day means. What there father is doing and why we should respect him and others like him. Do we take the time to stop and say hello to that elderly veteran walking through the commissary. The one that most have forgotten about.
1. Freedom is taken for granted. Is homeschooling my children? Is singing my praise music, is serving the Lord because I want to not because I am expected to.
2. Veterans are often not thought about, cursed and looked down upon instead of honored and understood. Forgotten, by the medical field once they are no longer serving.
3. This country is one that I will never leave permanently. This country was started with the love of God and sadly is moving farther and farther away from it.
4. Veteran’s Day means a time for others to take half a second and remember our men and women who give to them daily past and present. To think about where we have come from and how many liberties we have because of them.
5. A hero is someon8e who thinks of others first even when they know it is not good for them.