Monday, November 5, 2012

Pregnancy Loss

When we lost our baby on november 5, 1998, someone gave me a card with this poem and it has meant more to me that anything. so i thought i would share it. the scripture on the front is Job 1:21 and inside it says: " I was thinking abut what's ahead for the baby. Can you imagine-it will be taking its first steps on the streets of Heaven! Hannah was a mother who certainly knows how special a little baby is. Perhaps she'll be the one who will let it hold her finger as it takes those first staggering steps; and maybe she will be the one to coax it into taking it first steps alone! Perhaps Dorcas will see to it that its hems get let out, and that the buttons are sewn on that growing child. And Joshua! Just think what it would be like for a child to climb into his lap and hear-first hand- about the battle of jericho!.. Maybe Petrer will take it fishing someday! It will never fall out of tree or breaks it's leg, for there is no pain or tears there! It won;t be afraid of the dark for there is no darkness there. The King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, he is the very one who said, "let the little children come to me." I expect there will be many a time when he himself will take that baby in his lap and let it know a love that makes all other loves seem puny by contrast. I wouldn't be surprised if the Heavenly Father keeps a few lollipops handy for just such occasions.... And one day, you will be greeted with a " Hi Dad and Mom! I've got some of the neatest things to show you; and some really fantastic people i can't wait for you to meet." This poem means the world to me. And while others may not remember our Jeremiah, I do and this poem help me heal and grieve. Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs