Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


It seems weird, but we have only been married 14 years. We have been together as long as I can remember. The way we met was kinda funny. I was going out with his friend when my cousin visited and my mom said if I wanted to go out I had to find someone for her to go with. So my then boyfriend called his friend. Long story short they did not work out and we ended up together. I have so many wonderful stories of our life together. To say that I feel blessed to have him in my life is a under statement. I came with alot of baggage and alot of that baggage still affects our relationship today but he accepts me for who I am. He loves me beyond my past, beyond where I have been or what I have done. He loves me when no one else would. He loves me when I gain weight or when I weighed way less than I should have. He loved me to set in a Ronald McDonald house for five days while I was in the hospital and refused to let him see me. He loved me when I moved 8 hours away from him. I thank God that he gave me this man.
Last year I wrote on my space about my husband, this is what I wrote.
pan E cakes
so who do i make this blog about. is it the precious gift who woke up and came to her daddy's side of the bed ans said i need changed or is it the daddy who changed her.

is it the precious angel who came into the livingroom and said daddy make me pan E cakes or the man who is making those pan Ecakes

i think i will make this about the man, the man who is in the kitchen right now making his precious gift pan E cakes.

it is 2009 and i have been married for 13 years to a wonderful man. This is the man who has stood beside me when i have not been a nice man. the man who has watched me gain and loose and gain a hundred pounds. the man who still married me when i had honor and obey taken out of our vows. the man who was there when our first son was born and was not breathin, the man whose first words about that son after visiting him in the NICU was, no denying it, michael looks just like me. the man who held my hand while we found out we had lost our second son. the man who protected me from the drunk lady who was in our room when we were being induced to deliver the baby we lost. the man who held me so many nights after we lost jeremiah. the man who was with me when we were told that our first daughter was not viable and told me it was okay not to have a d&c, the man who then held me when they told us she would not stay in womb past 28 weeks and even then she would be born with down syndrom and one kidney. he is the man who was in the delivery room with me when i delivered a 35 week perfectly healthy baby girl. he was there when our second daughter came into the world. he was there with me when my water broke at 26 weeks with our third daughter, he was there to wash my hair when i was in the hospital for 5 weeks before she was born. he was there the morning she was born. he set with me many hours while i watched her sleep in the NICU wondering if she would ever be ours. this man of mine and no body elses has been to albania, afghanistan, bosnia, kosovo and iraq 2 times and been devoted to only me while gone. this is the man who kept me walking the straight line in high school and kept me out of trouble. who followed me away from where he grew up to maryland and then had me follow him to fort campbell and germany and fort campbell and currently to alabama. the man who takes his children fishing with him and has taught them to love life in a way i will never know.

so this year i am going to try harder to be more apprciative of him, take better care of him, trust his opinion and value it more. i am going to do more of the things he enjoys doing. and yes i am again moving with him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Thank you.

Family American Style. said...

Hi, Tomorrow is the second post on “What would your children say?” “Wednesday” It’s going to be fun sharing all those wonderful adventures our children do and say. I can’t wait. If your child happens to have four legs and a tail, I’m real sure you have very funny adventures also. Please tell us all about them. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs