Monday, December 19, 2011

Pray For me Monday

Please join Home Grown Families and I for another week of Pray for me Monday.
Home Grown Families


Deuteronomy 16:17
Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.
For some reason it seems like it has been a long time since I thought about pray for me Monday. But it has only been a week.
This week I want to talk about something close to my heart. I want to talk about giving. It is the time of year where we all have a list a mile long of things we would love to see under the Christmas tree. For me it is things that I cannot have like a whole day in front of the sewing machine and a wheat grinder.

Giving comes naturally to me. I would love to be able to do nothing but shop and give it to others all day every day.
This year I want to focus on not just the giving of things but truelly giving. I want to give you my time in prayer. I want to give of my time to have friends over more often. I want to focus more on who is coming over instead of is the floors being mopped.
My prayer for this week is that we take time to enjoy this Christmas season and find a way to give of ourselves. To remember those around us who sometimes get forgotten. The mail lady, the lady at the local dollar general who rarely smiles. That single mom in church who you know is struggling with how to raise her children alone. That you give time for that spouse whose husband is deployed.
Proverbs 3:27
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.
Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs