Saturday, August 11, 2012

Time alone

Today I took time for me. I hired a sitter and decided I was going to go out alone. I even refused to meet friends for dinner. I knew I had things I wanted to do for my blog and for me. I had all of these hopes and dreams. I was going to have a quiet dinner and then head to star bucks to grab a tall ice water and set and blog. Get caught up on e-mails, write some e-mails. Make menus for the next month and work on lesson plans. Doesn’t that sound heavenly? Okay, reality is I went to Sam’s to pick up honey and vanilla. After that I headed to Life way to pick up a couple of books. Now I am at a book store, you know the one with a star bucks inside of it. I went to the counter to order a large (wait I mean grand) ice water and was told they could not sell me one. I could buy a large bottle of water for $3 and they would give me a small cup of ice. So I did. Then I bought a mega cookie. So I looked around and all of the good tables were taken. I am not discouraged, I find another table and set down and pull out my laptop. I am determined to get things done and just relax. Only things did not exactly work out that way. First I do not have an outlet so not sure how long my laptop will stay charged. Then I could not get my internet to work. I even got the guts to ask if they have wifi and the nice lady told me how to find it. I was almost in tears trying to get my laptop to connect. I almost gave up and just went grocery shopping. I do not know what I hit but I figured it out and have internet. So now I set here, in the sun, watching the people around me in the glare of my computer because I cannot concentrate. I would love to say that this has been a relaxing time but honestly I have to go potty so bad that I cannot relax. And I am too lazy to pack up my laptop and go to the bathroom. I am curious when do you blog, when do you take time to unwind and relax? I am determined to do it more often when my hero returns home. Pamela

3 comments:

Debra Elliott said...

Great blog. subscribing from Feed Me Friday

Jen said...

So glad you had the opportunity to do something for yourself! :) You deserve it.

Arlene said...

Finding that time to unwind, especially in the summer, is pretty easy for me.  I'm a morning person, my kids are not.  I can get up at 7am and have my quiet time, my reading and meditation time, my blogging time, while the rest of the house sleeps.  I'm sorry your downtime didn't work out for you, but it's a good start.  Now you know that going out to Starbucks isn't the best way for you, so you try something else.  I'm sure in time the Lord will reveal to you just how to get that time for yourself.  Happy Sunday!

ar-acceptchange.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs