Friday, March 23, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…It has been super busy, trying to get all the registrations for summer camp.
In our homeschool this week…my daughter learned to carry a number in math, the thing is I did not teach her. She just did it. I am so proud, now if she would just have her reading take off like that.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Don’t give up. Take time to work on conflicts and relationships. Sometimes I get wrapped up in the teaching of subjects and forget about the teaching of hearts.
I am inspired by…my hero who has slept in a tent with 400 other soldiers for the last month. So that I am free to homeschool, free to worship.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…I am seeing my friend who lives across town. So funny that she lives 45 minutes apart and yet I never get to see her.
My favorite thing this week was…getting my new envelope system in the mail. I love using our envelope system and can now enjoy it with something really pretty
What’s working/not working for us…reading with my 9 year bright and early in the morning and then sending her outside for an hour with the little kids before asking her to do more school.
Questions/thoughts I have…what is going on with this weather? Will it stay this warm? I do not mind if it does but I would like to be able to pack up winter clothes.
Things I’m working on…Actually in the last week I installed curtain rods and a new bathroom door knob. I felt like I could conquer the world.
I’m reading…honestly I am not reading anything. I need a new book.
I’m cooking…a kazillion

(is that a word), cookies and muffins for a friend.
I’m grateful for…the secret people in my life that sent me flowers last week. Flowers I cannot seem to get rid of.
I’m praying for…a friend who has been told she is losing a baby. It is breaking my heart for her. I remember being told we have lost a baby and I hate it for her.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…



Pamela

3 comments:

Jessy said...

What's the envelope system? Is that for money management? I've thought about doing that. Maybe with cute envelopes I would start! LOL

Jennifer Y said...

I just found your site through the Homeschool chick.  The first thing I want to say is thank you to everything both you and your husband do for our country.  Thank you really isn't even enough.

The second thing that caught my eye was the reading.  My 12 year old didn't like to read at all and he has suddenly taken off with reading.  For him it's been primarily about me releasing him in the teen section at the library and letting him look until he finds something.  It's been phenomenal.  He hasn't enjoyed many books that were required reading, so I substitute with books of his choice.

Becca said...

I appreciate your hero and our troops for ensuring my freedom to homeschool and worship, too. 

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs