Monday, September 23, 2013

Breast Feeding and Weight Loss

I have a little birdy, his mouth is always open. Seriously, this little boy has been my best nursing baby so far. Which I love. But he also nurses almost every hour. I would totally complain except most nights he sleeps about 3 hours at a time which I cannot believe. The night these pictures were taken that was not the case. It was our second night in the hospital and he was up all night crying. I would not have minded except that we had a roommate and that made it more stressful. Breastfeeding is going well. I nurse as often as he wants. Lanolin is my friend. I have not had it as bad this time. I think it is because I use lanolin several times a day. I also have worked hard on his latch since the first day. The first day he latched perfectly but has gotten lazy and we have to continue to work. I try to remember we are both working. I try to remember to drink my water. Drinking water is great for both of us and honestly I think it is helping me drop the weight. I have lost 38 pounds in the last 10 days. I think that tells you how much water I was retaining. I did not get help with nursing this time but I want to encourage others to ask for help when nursing is not going well. I guess I should go my little birdy is chirping and that means he has not been fed in 10 minutes. Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs