Friday, December 18, 2009

Banana bread






I love giving teacher and friends baked good. I love baking. I have made a TON of banana bread and pumpkin bread the last couple of weeks. I use my friend Debbie's banana bread recipe. I found it in my MOPS cook book. Speaking of cookbooks, what is your favorite cookbook and why. I have to say I love the way Pioneer Women's cookbook is set up with all the pictures. My most used cookbook is my MOPS cookbook. I should take a picture of it so you can see how much it has been loved.
Here is the recipe I use
1/2 cup shortening, butter or margarine 2c flour
1 cup sugar 1t. baking soda
2 eggs 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
3-4 very ripe bananas mashed 1t vanilla (optional)

1. cream shortening and sugar
2. add eggs and banana
3. combine dry ingredients
4. fold in nuts and vanilla
5. Grease one large or 2 small loaf pans
6. bake @350 for 40 minutes.

This recipe freezes well.

The cookies in the background are my jumbo 3 chip cookies which are on my recipe blog

1 comments:

TAMMY said...

Those all look delicious!!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs