Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Operation Teddy Bear

Every year we attend a CHRISTmas party made just for military families. I cry every time I talk about this party because it is so amazing. Honest I did not go last year because Grace was in the hospital and I did not go this year because I was at a wedding but Rob took the girls both times. He tells me it only gets better. So I will tell you about my first year so you can understand why it was so special. Rob was in Iraq and I was lonely. I walk in with a baby in the stroller and 3 kids. From the moment I walked in there was someone at my side hugging my children, helping me push the stroller, picking up dropped items and holding hands. By looking at the pictures you can tell that the amount of volunteers is amazing. I can not explain that these volunteers are there because they want to be not because they need to be. Everything is set up to run smoothly. I have never felt as loved as I do when attending operation teddy bear. Thank you so much to every person who set up table, provided food, provided gifts and teddy bear, who cleaned up afterwards, who helped my husband who was there by himself. Thank you for making the military community feel loved.








1 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah!! What a fun birthday present!!! Many blessings!!

Amanda

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs