Saturday, December 12, 2009

Peanut butter candy

these are how they are supose to look,




At our last moms night a friend brought these wonderful cookies. OOOH they were so good. So I harassed her until she shared the recipe. Made them and WOW, so easy and so yummy. Then I lost the recipe and had to harass her again. She has been so wonderful to me. When I was asked if I wanted to be in a cookie swap I of course said yes and knew exactly what I would make. There was just one problem the first batch came out flat, so I made it again and PERFECT. So I made another batch and they flopped and again, flopped and again perfect. In all I made 16 batches and got 11 dozen decent ones. I think I was not paying attention.
Here is the recipe
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 stick butter (thanks to my neighbors who let me borrow them last night)
1 stack ritz crackers (crushed)
1t vanilla
1cup peanut butter

1. boil butter, sugar and milk in sauce pan for 5 minutes (although i think 4 minutes worked best for my stove)
2. take off heat, add peanut butter, vanilla and crushed ritz crackers.
3. drop by spoonful onto wax paper and let cool.

can I just say that these are the best tasting cookies. no baking. sweat and salty and crunchy all in one.
I will definitely be making them again. Especially since I did not leave extra for my own family

1 comments:

Jen said...

mmm...those sound delicious! Love your girls' name :)
everyone always asks if we have another girl will I name her Hope!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs