Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pray for Me Monday

Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 




PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV)





Welcome back to Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to start this journey together!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write a post about relevant topics

  • we'll post it on our blogs

  • we'll pray for you and, hopefully, others will too



Pamela Says:



Do you ever feel unloved or unwanted? I have to be honest and say I go through times when I feel like I am not making someone happy.



This week I took some time to think about scripture that talks about these feelings.
 




In Psalms 48:9 it says “Within your temple, O God,
we meditate on your unfailing love”
 





1 John 3:19-20 "this is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything."



I read this, but yet it is hard to remember to do it. Put my heart in His presence. This is my goal this week. Let me share. Last week I was having a hard time. I actually went to PWOC and left before it started. It has nothing to do with PWOC. PWOC is great but I am having a hard time finding my place. My brain says 'just give up, do not go back.' But my heart says 'you are here for a reason and you need to keep going.'



So how do you deal with insecurities?



This week I have a prayer request: A high school friend was in an accident (not really the correct word) in Afghanistan. He is stable and as I type is flying back to the states. Please pray for his healing and for his wife. {Boy oh boy does this hit close to home and forced us to have some of those hard talks we have not had in a few years.} 



How can we pray for you this week? Please feel free to leave it in the comment section, link up, or send us an e-mail



Come back next week and tell me how your prayer was answered. If you have a private prayer request please feel free to send it to PrayForMeMondays {at} yahoo {dot} com.



{We will not share your prayer request with anyone.  We will not mention you by name.  We will not reveal specific details.  We may mention your issue like "pray for a husband to be saved~ request via e-mail" unless otherwise requested.}




















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs