Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ultimate blog party

I love when I get to re introduce myself to people. It is like a fresh start. Let me start by saying that I was born in WV and while I do not consider it home I do enjoy going back to see family. I have six blessings in my house from ages 1-15. I enjoy sewing but seriously can only do straight lines. I have made one dress and which I could stretch it so she could still wear it. I love to cook and bake. I am not someone to come up with recipes on my own. I love to try different recipes even using foods I do not like. I love cooking for other people. I have been a homeschool mom for 9 years. WOW 9 years, I can hardly believe it. I strictly use Bob Jones University with my children but am looking into a couple other things for next year for the younger ones. If you have suggestions let me know. I love to blog but sadly do not give it the attention I should. I have list and list of things I want to write about. It is making the time to do it. I feel like my blog is my personal journal. I like to blog about having a preemie, being a mom, being a Christian, how I survive deployments, what we are doing in school and how I am feeling. I sometimes write about PTSD. I love to scrapbook and make cards but sadly we have lived in this house for 2 years and I have not pulled them out once. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 17 years. He has been in the Army for 19 years. We have survived 7.5 deployments as in we am in my eighth deployment now. I love my God, I love talking about God, I love singing about God. And most importantly I love hearing my children tell me about God. You can find me on facebook here. I am on twitter here. And of course I am on Pinterest here. Pamela Ultimate Blog Party 2012

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Ms. Petrie, it's nice to meet you!  6 kids?  I'm impressed you have time to blog at all!

TerriAnn @ Cookies and Clogs said...

Well, kudos to you for homeschooling 6 kids and doing a large portion of it by yourself! Let's hope your hubby doesn't get deployed much more because each time you welcome him home another child pops out soon after :P Great to meet you through the UBP12.

TerriAnn @ Cookies & Clogs

Ashley Pichea said...

The UBP is a highlight of my blogging year, and I'm so glad that you've linked up this year!! I look forward to getting to know you better in the months to come.
- Ashley Pichea

Paula Kelly-Bourque said...

It was great to meet you via Twitter and I'm looking forward to following your blog.  Thanks for re-introducing yourself to us :)

Posh on a Budget said...

You are busy!
Stopping by from the UBP to say hello.
Have a great weekend!
POSH 

anewlis said...

Nice to mee you and your beautiful crew! Visiting by way of UBP!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs