Saturday, March 9, 2013

Breakfast Ideas

Today I am trying to cook ahead. We have several appointments next week so I am trying to work ahead. So this morning I made pumpkin chocolate muffins for snacks, breakfast burritos and egg muffins. Chocolate muffins 1 box sugar free chocolate cake mix 1 can pumpkin Mix and then mix some more and maybe mix some more. I made them into mini muffins. These are great for snacking and only about 60 calories a piece. They could even be topped with cool whip. You could also make these with a sugar free cake mix. Breakfast Burritos Scramble and cook eggs Cut turkey bacon in half Shredded cheese Layer ingredients on a tortilla shell and wrap. Then wrap in saran wrap. I lay mine on a large cutting board and freeze so they lay flat. Once they are frozen I put in Ziplocs. These are great for when we have to rush out of the house. Pull as many as you need out of the freezer and unwrap. Microwave for 45 seconds (depending on microwave) Egg muffins Make your scrambled egg mixture Cook and crumble your meat. We like to use turkey bacon and turkey sausage In the bottom of the pan put one rolled out biscuit. I buy the small biscuits (you know the kind that comes 4 cans to a pack). Layer your cheese, meat and anything else you would like. We make some with peppers and some without. Bake according to biscuit package I keep them in the fridge and just through them in the microwave as we are walking out the door. These are great to eat in the car. My husband likes to eat his with salsa if we are at home. Pamela

1 comments:

Jennifer Smith said...

These are all great ideas! :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs