Monday, September 5, 2011

Day to Day life



Reality starts this week. I feel like I have kind of been in play mode. Does that sound silly? It seems like we have been playing all summer and while we started school 2 weeks ago nothing else has started.
This week I am starting PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel). It took a long time for me to decide to start it back up. I have not been involved in PWOC in 11 years. I decided to do it this semester because they are doing “Shepherding a Childs heart”. I could not pass that up.
This week we also start our Wednesday night small group back up. I am looking forward to it. We have a meal and then small group. This semester they are offering a program for the kids. I am so excited for this time. It is hard because it does not end until after 8pm which means we do not get home until 9pm.
This week boyscouts starts again. I am so excited to get it going again. My boys already have their first camp out planned.
Next Sunday night AWANA begins again. The kids are so excited. Michael is really excited because they have decided to have a high school class. I am so excited he is willing to still do AWANA. This year I will have a blessing in the nursery, cubby, 2 in sparks, t&t and the high school class. Next year I will have blessings in every class they offer
Next Sunday night while the kids do AWANA my hero and I will start a new small group. We are doing Dave Ramsey’s financial peace. I am excited for us to do it and nervous about what we will need to give up. I love this small group because it is 90 minutes of time where I get to set next to my husband and just be with him. It also gives us something to talk about during the week and a time to meet new friends.
So this week things start and I am really looking forward to them. But for right this minute I am going to kick myself in the hinny and get to work. I want to make sure I have all the laundry folded and put away and the house straight before everyone goes to bed in 3 hours. So when we wake up we can hit the ground running.
What new things are starting for you this fall?
Pamela

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh, I know the feeling! All of our activities are getting underway! This year we started a new science HS group. We'll excited about that! I have that book, Sheperding a Child's Heart, and haven't read it yet. I've heard it's awesome!

Tiffany said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys will be pretty busy! 

BaseballMom34 said...

I always feel like our summers our busy. Then....the fall activities start up and I realize I was crazy to think I was busy in the summer. Our small group meets weekly on Tuesdays vs monthly in the summer. We do a meal and go over our study.Then my husband does the kidstuf theater for our church and they have practice on Wen nights. I am a small group leader for the junior high girls. Our kids all have activities as well.. Baseball, basketball,christian youth theater, football. Oh, and I am taking three classes in college. It's crazy but we manage to make time for fun family time.

Connie B. said...

Oh, I'd love to to a Dave Ramsey Class!  We may just end up ordering for the website.  Our church is also starting AWANAs, but our older kids are doing a program called ProTeens.  Hubby and I coordinate that and we really enjoy it.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs