Thursday, December 6, 2012

Banana Cookies

Holy Word, Me oh my, these are amazing and so easy.

Of course I doubled all of the ingredients.
3/4 C. shortening
3/4 C. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ripe bananas
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour

1. Cream shortening and sugar together. Add egg, vanilla and bananas.
In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda and flour and add to the mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Frosting:
3 T. brown sugar
2 T. evaporated milk
4 T. butter
1 C. powdered sugar

1. Melt the butter, evaporated milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the powdered sugar (I would add half of it at a time - whisking it smooth before you add in the rest of the cup.) Now you want the frosting to be a very thick glaze, so if you need to add more powdered sugar, do so.
***totally forgot to read the recipe and did not do this step. Now I need to make them again to see if it makes a difference.

2. Frost each cookie. They definitely are the best fresh out of the oven, but are still delicious for a few days after.

I got this recipe from Envy My cooking. She has a ton of amazing recipes on her blog. I think I have a new addition.
Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs