Friday, January 1, 2010

sugar oatmeal cookies

I wish I knew where I got his recipe, it was from a blog and someone I did not write down the blog name. If this is your recipe PLEASE let me know so I can give credit where it is do.
okay I have told you how we made a TON of sugar cookies without great success this year and then I found this recipe, it worked wonderfully. They do not taste exactly like a sugar cookie but they are soft and yummy. I love the picture of Michael with his school books right next to his cookies, yes I let him take a break from school to ice a cookie



cookies
2.5 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1t salt
1/4t baking soda
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1t vanilla
3/4 c butter
2 cups oats
powder sugar
preheat oven 350 lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in large bowl. add brown sugar and eggs and vanilla. mix well. using dough beaters, cut in butter until resembles course crumbs.
add oats. work dough with fingers until it holds together. sprinkle powder sugar on cutting board. place half dough on board. roll to 1/4 inch in thickness. cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. arrange on baking sheet. repeat with remaining dough. bake 10-12 minutes and cool.
Frosting
1 (16oz) package powdered sugar
1/4 t salt
1/4 cup milk
1 t vanilla
1/3 cup butter softened,
food coloring
combine sugar, salt, milk and vanillaand butter in bowl, beat until smooth and creamy, divide into 3-4 small bowls, add food coloring. frost cookies, decorate as decorated.
makes 2-4 dozens depending on size of cookie cutters.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs