Monday, October 10, 2011

Pray for Me Monday

Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV)





Welcome back to Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to start this journey together!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write a post about relevant topics

  • we'll post it on our blogs

  • we'll pray for you and, hopefully, others will too



Tiffany says:



Pamela really hit it on the head this week!  She has been so awesome with writing the posts before I do, and this one SOOOO applies to me! {not the Grandmother stuff, the guilt stuff.}



I live consumed by guilt.  Every time I look at my girls, I feel guilty that they don't have a father and then I start to replay it in my head "I shouldn't have divorced their {the twins} father." "What did I do to make her {the babys} father leave?  Was I that bad???"




Life goes on. And my sins are forgiven.  So, why am I still holding on?  Pray for me.



Pamela Says:



Do you struggle with guilt? Did you put the guilt on yourself or do other people put the guilt on you? I struggle with guilt in many places in my life. Guilt I put on myself and guilt other people put on me.



Eighteen years ago I moved out of my parent’s home. Well really I moved out twenty years ago. When I told my grandmother I was moving out she told me point blank if I moved out she would die. I told her that was not okay.



I moved out (as in 9 hours from home) and 2 months later she had a heart attack. I moved home. A year and a half later I moved out again. Again before leaving my grandmother told me "If you leave I will die." I was determined that she was just talking.



Well on Friday morning I moved out and on Sunday morning my grandmother passed away. For a long time I suffered with guilt over my grandmothers death.



I no longer let guilt consume my days. Not that I do not struggle with it because I do. But it cannot control my life any longer.



In 1John 3:19-20 it says, "This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything."



God knows my heart, he knows that I did not mean for my grandmother to die. He knows my dreams and hopes and goals and only he can help me with them.



Have you shared your heart with God recently? Have you asked him to help explain your guilt so you understand the reason behind it?



Today I have two special prayer requests. The final court hearing for the boys is on Thursday. Once this is done we will be able to get insurance on Tom. I do not see any problems with the court date. We already have the final paperwork on the baby and have him enrolled in DEERS.




Please also pray for a high school friend who was injured in Afghanistan. He had a rough few days. Please pray for healing and for strength for his wife who is by his side every minute she is able.



How can we pray for you this week? Please feel free to leave it in the comment section, link up, or send us an e-mail




There is a blogger that is having a c-sec this Wed.  Pray for her and her baby boy.



Come back next week and tell me how your prayer was answered. If you have a private prayer request please feel free to send it to PrayForMeMondays {at} yahoo {dot} com.



{We will not share your prayer request with anyone.  We will not mention you by name.  We will not reveal specific details.  We may mention your issue like "pray for a husband to be saved~ request via e-mail" unless otherwise requested.}



























0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs