Sunday, December 11, 2011

Worry


Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV) 





Welcome to this weeks Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to be working together on this journey!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write posts on relevant topics and post

  • You can link up your own post, comment or e-mail us your prayer requests

  • We'll pray for you and hopefully others will, too







Pam {the married one} says:




Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.





Proverbs 12:25 25 An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
Worry:
I think I could talk on worry for pages and pages. I am really good at giving advice about how to avoid worrying. I am not so good at following that same advice.
I think what I have realized is I can prepare for what needs done or what is going to happen. But I still need to pray about it and hand it over. He knows what is going to happen and why. I am trying hard to do a couple of things. First, express why I am worrying to my spouse or a close friend. Keeping it bottled up does not help. Second, I try to get to the root of what I am worrying about. Am I worried about going on a field trip with 6 kids because it will be a lot of work or am I really worried because I feel like other people will be watching?
Am I worried about our finances and having a financial emergency or am I worried because I do not want someone to think we do not have our finances under control?
Am I worried about my children becoming sick or am I worried that I will not have the faith I need to sustain me?
Matthew 6:27-29 27 You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it. 28 "And why do you worry about clothes? Look at how the lilies in the field grow. They don't work or make clothes for themselves. 29 But I tell you that even Solomon with his riches was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.












span>



















1 comments:

linds said...

i needed that b4 i went to sleep ty

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs