Monday, January 30, 2012

Pray For me Monday


Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV) 





Welcome to this weeks Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to be working together on this journey!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write posts on relevant topics and post

  • You can link up your own post, comment or e-mail us your prayer requests

  • We'll pray for you and hopefully others will, too



Pamela {the married one} says:


Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and
humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” 


Rest. Do you want rest? Do you miss feeling rested? Do you wonder if you
will ever feel rested? Let me be honest and say I have been tired for a
very long time. I try to deny it but reality is it is getting worse.


I
do not just mean I am tired and need a nap. There are days that by mid
day my eyes burn from exhaustion. I now yawn all the time. My mother
thinks she bores me when we are talking because I constantly am yawning.





I have not admitted how tired I am because I thought it had something to
do with having children and extra weight. I did not want to admit that I
was tired or struggling because it made me feel like a failure.





Well my daughter called me on the carpet (where did I learn that phrase?)
this week. I took her in for a physical and at one point I got my words
jumbled. Something that has happened a lot recently. Hope looked at
the doctor and said “my mom does not even know our names anymore and
well she is tired all the time”.  I guess I have not been hiding it from
my kids as well as I thought.





Needless to say that although we went in
for Hope we left with 2 new appointments for me.
I need to be honest and say I do believe part of my problem is I have
forgotten where my refuge is. I have been quick to turn to others and
have stopped doing my morning devotions. I guess forgotten is the wrong
word, I have not forgotten but I have not been good at turning to Him.





This week my prayer is that we will all take the time we need to find
refuge in the word, to not forget to pray for our needs. Even if we do
not think we are worthy of them. For me I often do not ask to feel
rested because I feel like it is my fault I feel tired. I pray that you
(and I) will find the time to rest. Rather it is to read a book, write
in a journal or have the thought to pray. Sometimes I feel like when I
am praying I get so distracted. This week I am determined to pray, to
really pray and if my brain will not let me pray then I will write my
prayer.


Exodus 33:14
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”





 


























1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs