Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rolls and Butter

I have seen this recipe everywhere. I do not know where it started. I would love to say that mine turned out exactly like the picture. They tasted good but were not light and fluffy like they should have been. Maybe I did not knead them long enough. Maybe I did not let them rise enough. Anyways, I encourage you to try them and let me know how yummy there turned out. 7-8 cups all purpose flour 4 tsp active dry yeast ½ cup milk, warmed and then slightly cooled 3 Tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled ½ cup sugar 2 eggs 2 teaspoon salt Dissolve yeast in warm water with a teaspoon sugar. Add yeast mixture with sugar and enough flour to make a soft dough. Beat thoroughly. Let stand until foamy (this is where I may have gone wrong). Add melted butter, eggs and salt. Add remaining flour. Put in a greased bowl and let rise. Roll out the dough and cut into shapes, let rise in pan until double in size. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes So while my rolls did not come out light and fluffy the cinnamon butter was amazing. 2 Sticks salted butter, melted (my husband actually had me add a little more butter, our honey is strong) 1 cup honey 1 cup powdered sugar 2 teaspoons cinnamon Mix together well and chill Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs