Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Eating at the DFAC

We have gotten in a bad habit of eating out more than we use to. Our schedule outside of the house is busy. Our life is busy and those are all excuses. Something I need to change. I did want to share our favorite place to eat with you. When we have appointments at the hospital we always eat in the cafeteria. I can feed our growing family of 9 for less than $20 and that includes drinks and even a few desserts. The food is AMAZING! The service is quick and wonderful. I know it sounds silly but I have always enjoyed eating at the DFAC. I remember when we were newlyweds we had NO money. Seriously we like to say we lived in a four room shack. We ate out once a pay day. I remember times when we would buy food on credit at the PX. I say all of that to tell you that because this is the time my hero introduced me to the DFAC. It was a gourmet restaurant to me. Honestly if I had a choice I would still choose to eat there than at a fast food place. So tell me where do you like to take your family to eat that does not break the bank? Pamela

1 comments:

Laurie Holcombe said...

There is not many places we can take our girls out to eat that doesn't break the bank. Our girls are athletes (2 girls) and eat a lot of protein, so I end up cooking at home. I think I am going to come home one day to a dead crockpot. Crockpot meals are my go to. When they have games, we can go by the house, eat a bite before we go, so we aren't eating out as much. In addtition to the expense, we live in a small East Texas community and there's really not a lot of choice and they would rather eat mom's cooking than anything!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs