Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Great Move

So it is official we are MOVING! Yes, I am screaming. My insides are screaming. My brain is screaming, which is probably why I am typing this at 2am instead of sleeping. We will be in a new house or in a hotel before Christmas. That thought seems crazy. I knew it was coming up but without orders I did not let my brain go there. We have moved before and survived. We have never moved with 7 kids, a large dog, a cat and a guinea pig. How do you move with a guinea pig. I called the Vet and she said ask a pet store. We have looked at houses and looked at houses. I am eve sending my husband to look at houses without me. Not the best decision but no way I want to take all the kids on a across country drive (okay maybe not across country but it feels that way)for a couple of days. So I will be helping him choose over the phone. We decided renting is probably not a great idea considering the size of the family. We are moving to Rock Island, Illinois. I had never heard of it. I have been told be prepared for cold and snow. My only question is does the Army move me? I do not like cold and I do not like snow. I seriously think I will be hibernating during the winter. The kids are excited and sad at the same time. So help me, tell me we will survive a move. Honestly, I love staying in a hotel. I know it sounds crazy but I love being close to one another and spending constant time together. I do not know how this will work with a large dog and a newborn with the light sleepers in the house but we will make it happen. I have decided that I will carry our crock pot and griddle with us so we are not constantly eating out. I am thinking we need a camera crew following us around as the movers try to pack up this house and we travel with this crew. I am sure it will be full of laughs and tears and stories to tell. Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs