Friday, October 2, 2009

Rainbow cake






I made the rainbow cake they featured on MckMamma and loved it. I did it a little differently. I made 6 different cake mixes. Because i was making 2 rainbow cakes and then I used the extra to make cupcakes. I used the coloring I use to make my icing normally.
I did freeze it between every 2 layers and then for a few hours before i took it out of the house. The second one I took to my homeschool group and it set out for over 4 hours and still looked good. I used about a cup and a quarter of each color. Everyone loved it.
by the way tonight is my pampered chef show if you would like to place a order, you do not even need to live locally.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to make that cake so bad. It looks awesome. My mums birthday is at the end of this month so I might practice once before then. Yours turned out really great!

trooppetrie said...

it was so easy, look on mckmammas site and get directions. you can do it with 2 cake mixes, although i would use 3 to have extra

Amanda said...

Way to go!!! You did a great job!! It was easier then the recipe mckmama provided, be sure share your tips ok?? :)

Many blessings!
amanda

Heidi said...

This looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How do you get your cakes out of the pan without them falling apart? What do you use to grease or flour the pan with? Do you let the cake cool before trying to get it out of the pan?

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs