Sunday, September 19, 2010

I am so sad today

Today is a sad day. And no, it is not just because Not Me Monday has come to an end. Today is the last day of block leave. I wish there was a way my hero was home and never had to work. Today I wished I played the lotto.
The last month (well at least the last 3 weeks) have been bliss. I will be honest and say the first couple of weeks he was home were well interesting. I felt like we had nothing to talk about and well it was just not fun. I was not looking forward to him being home for a month. Then he signed out on block leave and it was like a switch got switched (boy that makes sense). I woke up excited for each new day. It was nice because we did not really have a bunch planned. I did not even have a huge list of things for him to do. Although now that we are on the last day I have a ton I wish we would have done.
So what did we do on block leave? We did very little school. No worries we started early and we do not take fall break or spring break. We went to the Aquarium, to the beach a couple of times.
My husband taught my children how to chop and stock wood. I think they will spend many more Saturdays’ chopping wood. I had no idea how much wood it would take. We do not need the wood to heat our home but having a fire going relaxes my hero and my kids love it. Honestly my thought is if it helps with the heat bill I am okay with it. We honestly stay in the livingroom and kitchen most of the day because that is where we do school and with the fire going those rooms stay warm. No idea why I told you all of this. Did I tell you my husband learned to make fire starters and made a bunch? You can learn how to make them here.
My wonderful, amazing husband did take the kids camping (well air conditioned with kitchen and bathroom camper)
for a week and at the end I got to spend 2 nights in the camper alone with him. Time to laugh and talk and eat out and fish and fish and fish. Did you hear me say he made me fish? But he did not get me to do the zip line.
Oh yeah another neat thing happened. Daddy taught Hope how to paint and let her paint her horse barn.
It was neat because I have wanted it painted for a long time. Plus afterwards she said mom it took a lot of work to get all the words off of it. So maybe this will encourage her to not write on things anymore.
Okay I will stop now. I do have a question. What do you enjoy doing on vacation? I will not lie, I would have loved to be able to travel the world but this was so nice and SO relaxing.
WAIT, how could I forget? My hero and I also made my first quilt together. He helped me cut all the fabric and then keep it lined up while I sewed it. Have I told you how much I love this man.
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Military Mondays Family and Spouse Carnival at Army Wives' Lives Mamarazzi Monday

3 comments:

alicia rasmussen said...

I'm sorry. I do understand that adjustment period you speak of when they return too. Hang in there. You'll find your groove again.

CM said...

Sorry you're so sad. That's a bummer...now go wrap up in that quilt :-)

Patrice said...

Just wanted to let you know that you won the Target gift card. Thanks so much for donating! Email me at momtobabyjonut (at) gmail (dot) com and let me know where to send it. Thanks again!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs