Monday, March 7, 2011

Pray for me Monday

Today I have what probably seems like a selfish prayer request. I would like for you to pray for me on how to deal with a personal situation. It has to do with my daughters but one specific. She is being mistreated in a group we are involved in. She does not realize it as much as I do. As a parent you want other children to like your child and when they are not liked then you as a parent feel like a failure. I have been in constant prayer over this situation and what I need to do. My first instinct is to run, it always has been.
Actually my first thought was okay we are signing up for all the extra activities that would take up our evenings and I am buying her an IPOD and taking her shopping for the newest name brand clothes. Then I prayed and realized I want her to be her. I want her to know it is okay to wear long skirts if she wants. It is okay to not have the newest of things. I love our family time and do not want anything to come between that. But it is hard. I have to be honest and say that I was told part of the issue is that she does not obey all the time in class. It is hard to hear. It is hard when I do not have trouble with her in any other circle of girls or class. I cannot figure out what is going on in this class. Please pray with me that I will make the best decision for our girls. This is breaking my heart.
If you have a prayer request I encourage you to visit Home Grown Families and link up. I encourage you to leave a comment here. I also remind you that there is not a need to be specific. God knows our hearts and needs and I think he knows what is on our heart when we say unspoken.
Pamela

5 comments:

Tiffharmon2001 said...

I'm sorry you and your daughter are going through this. I've had problems with other kids (and some adults) treating my oldest daughter poorly. I don't know why people are like that. I'll be praying for you both.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I'll pray for your daughter; I know how hard it is for our children to be accepted into groups and how they can often be vulnerable without realising it.

Take care, CJ xx

Bella StormyAries said...

I'll pray for you Pam to give her the guidance and support she needs to not get too down on herself and insecurities. I will pray for your daughter that hopefully the situation will resolve itself and she knows her self worth.

Annie said...

Hey Pam, Asking for prayer is never selfish. We are to bear one another's burdens. Thank you for sharing your heart. I had a similar situation when one of mine was small. There were 2 boys at church mistreating him. One came with his aunt who is awesome but he was from a lousy home. The other boy was from a great family but he was being influenced by the first boy. My son was very upset repeatedly and after praying about it I made a decision. I spoke to boy #2 one day. I told him that E was very upset and that he really looked up to him. I told him that he was an example to the younger kids and he had an awesome opportunity to make a difference in their lives. He listened and was very respectful. I was very calm and kind while talking to him. God had worked on my heart because I wanted to say "YOU SEE THIS HAND? IT FITS ALL BOTTOMS!" Anyway, his mom happened to see me talking to him and she came up and asked me what happened. I told her and she thanked me for talking to him. The issue was no longer an issue after that. Kids can be cruel for sure. I will be praying about this. Please let us know how God works it out. By the way. I miss you here but I'm thankful you blog to keep us up to date on your lives.

trooppetrie said...

annie, thank you for your kind words, but you need to send me a clue as to who you are. I think I know. when you said I miss you here it makes me wonder where we know one another from

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs