Monday, August 5, 2013

Miscellany Monday

This year we were able to have a garden. I was so excited. As the food started coming in I was thrilled. Our green beans came in and were amazing. We could not pick our cucumbers fast enough. But that is when I realized that something was weird. Our cucumbers came in mostly as balls instead long pretty cucumbers. Our corn grew and grew and grew and I was so excited. The only problem is that they only grew to be a few inches long. I am so disappointed. I have been told the issue with the corn is that we did not plant enough. We planted 7 rows and you need at least 10. A couple of other issues are that we have tiny carrots and our poor tomatoes did not really grow either. It was not a total waste because the lettuce and spinach did great. We will definitely try again next year. Actually we are trying to decide if we want to do a fall garden. Have you even done a fall garden? What did you plant? Pamela
lowercase letters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs