1. Today my husband is away with the Army. I am trying not to complain that they took my hero away on a four day weekend. Especially since he really only needs to be there for one day.
2. Today I am forcing my kids to do school. The good thing about homeschooling is I do not have to take a holiday off when everyone else does. I can also spend the day explaining why we have this holiday.
3. Today I am going to put away my laundry because I feel so much better when it is put away.
4. Putting away laundry is my least favorite job.
5. Today I get to fix curtains for my mom and hopefully make an apron for a friend.
6. Today I will take time to remind my children of what this day means. I will not sugar coat what our soldiers have done for us.