Saturday, September 10, 2011

Prayer

Photobucket

Pray for me Monday is coming back and I am thrilled. For several weeks I have gone back to Home Grown Families looking forward to pray for me Monday. I love that there is a place to join together to pray for one another.
This is what I wrote for her blog: I was recently contacted by Tiffany about starting pray for me Monday again. I was thrilled. It was the one time of the week I felt like I was more open with my blog readers.
Prayer is powerful. I feel we too often forget to go to our knees in our time of need. Please know I do not feel you have to literally hit your knees. But if you have not before then try it. I think it brings you to a different place. I am less distracted when I am on my knees. If my children walk in and see me on my knees there is no guessing what I am doing.
Acts 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word
I am very cautious to not tell someone that I will pray for them unless I mean it. So if I say I will pray then I will pray. Too many times in my life I have only been able to breathe because I know that others are on their knees for me when I cannot be. While most people have a hard time praying during the good times and find it easier when things are bad, I am the opposite. When my daughter was sick, when I thought my son would never be the same, when my husband was deployed and I made the mistake of watching the news I could not bring myself to pray. I did not know how, I did not know what to say. But I knew that there was a group of people praying for me.
So what does this have to do with Pray for me Monday? We want PFMM (Pray for me Monday) to be away of really praying for one another. A way for us to keep up with your prayer request. Our goal is to have a contact form but for now I ask you to link up and leave a comment. I would love it if you not only link up your prayer request but you keep us updated on them so that we will know how to pray. 1 Thes. 5:17 pray without ceasing
let’s start with what is prayer. Wikipedia says Prayer is a form of religious practice that seeks to activate a volitional rapport to God or spirit through deliberate practice.
That is exactly it. Prayer does not come naturally to everyone. I remember setting in a counseling session one day and struggling with praying. The counselor finally stopped and set a chair on top of the table and said “okay imagine God is setting in that chair and talk to him”. It changed my way of thinking. I no longer thought of it as a chore or as something formal. But as something peaceful, something I looked forward to. You know when you talk to that friend you have not talked to in weeks. It is that feeling.
I encourage you to head over to Home Grown Families and let’s encourage one another.
Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs