Thursday, June 9, 2011

5 Question Friday

1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
I grew up saying I wanted to be a nun or a school teacher. Well since I am not Catholic the being a nun flew out the window. I am not a teacher in a school but I am a teacher in my home. So honestly all my dreams have come true.
2. What is one must have item for the summer? AC cannot live without it, will not live without it. Oh, and what would summer be without mountain dew slushy’s. YUMMY, is all I can say about that one. Wait, can I add one more. The most important thing is sun block with SPF 2000, do they make one that big. I have to have it just to walk to the van. It is crazy how easily I burn.

3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?) We try to school year round. I will take a couple of weeks off but not much. This year we are taking July off because my hero is taking two weeks off and the third week my son is going to camp. I like to keep school going so we can take time off during the school year when my hero is off.

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce? Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. Strawberry season was last month and we froze a ton of strawberries. Sadly they are almost gone. I wish I would have gotten more and then not let my kids eat them constantly. But how do you keep something that looks so yummy away from them. It is fun to go pick them ourselves.

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning? Nope, I go walking and then come home and relax. Honestly it may be late in the afternoon before I get dressed. I always say I am going to get dressed earlier and it still has not happened.
Pamela

3 comments:

Life as a Convert said...

I always said I wanted to be a teacher and a mother.. I guess my dreams came true lol Im working on my other dreams now.

CM said...

Frozen strawberries...why didn't I think of that! Yes, I couldn't do without AC either in summer, I'd die in this crazy humidity we have here.

Rachel said...

Oh gosh - there is no way strawberries could last long enough to be frozen at our house.  And we GROW them!  And apparently not enough, since we also buy them locally all through the summer.  Man, now I'm hungry :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs