Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cowboy Cookies


For years my friend Melly has told me about her cowboy cookies. I have intended to try them for years. I finally got around to it. I will say they bake perfectly. There was no questioning rather they were done. Next time I think I will make them with raisins and nuts as she suggest.

Ingredients
1 c. butter, softened
2 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
2 c. uncooked old fashioned oats
1.5 c. chocolate chips
1 c. brown sugar
2 cups of your choice (raisins, nuts, chocolate chips. I used chocolate chips and peanut butter chips)

1/2 c. granulated sugar
4 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You could grease pans lightly or use parchment paper.
Beat butter, egg and vanilla in a bowl until blended . Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
Drop two inches apart in rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes.
They freeze well.
Thank you Melly!
Pamela

1 comments:

Bec said...

Yummmm...
www.rebeccabany.com

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs