Sunday, June 12, 2011

New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies


Please tell me you do not see the drop of dried ketchup under the plate. Because surely my table was spotless before I took a picture on it.
I love baking. Even more I love trying new recipes. This recipe called for cake flour which I did not have. When I finally bought the cake batter I lost the recipe. So last weekend I made these amazing recipe and let me tell you they are truly amazing. I doubled the recipe and had no problem. I saw this recipe on My Baking Addiction. I caution you to be careful when visiting her blog because you will be stuck in the kitchen for days.


Ingredients
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons
(8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds bittersweet disks or fèves, at least 60 percent cacao content (see note below)
*Sea salt (I used regular)
Directions
1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Scoop onto pan and bake 18 to 20 minutes.

I had oreo buttercream frosting on the counter from a oreo cake I made a couple of days before so I decided to turn the cookies into sandwhiches. YUMMY!!!
Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs