Friday, January 27, 2012

Homeschool mother's Journal

In my life this week…I planned a weekend get away for my soldier and myself.
In our homeschool this week…we put a egg in vinegar to watch the shell disappear.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…do not be afraid to ask for help. Do not be afraid to admit when your child is struggling because you never know when someone else may have just what you need to help.
I am inspired by…my hero who has spent this week in training as he prepares for deployment, being cold and wet most of the time.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…to myrtle beach with my hero so we can talk about what we want for our children over the next year so we can bond as a couple.
My favorite thing this week was…hearing this baby boy scream GO, every new word brings excitement to me.
What’s working/not working for us…having my daughter read to me after everyone else is asleep because it makes her feel special and gives me time alone with her.
Questions/thoughts I have…do you have a late reader, do you know why? How did you not get discouraged by it.
Things I’m working on…I have two fleece blankets I am ready to make and have not had time to make.
I’m reading…nothing right now. Every time I set down to read I get distracted and read the same page over and over.
I’m cooking…fried cookie dough, basicly wrap cookie dough in egg roll shells and fry
I’m grateful for…my children, they are a gift I will never take for granted.
I’m praying for…my friend, she has seizures and her family has the stomach bug including her. This means she is not able to keep meds down.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


Pamela
The Homeschool Mother's Journal

4 comments:

Mary said...

Fried cookie doug?  Oh my!!  Sounds yummy.  :)

Jessy said...

My youngest would be considered average-below average in reading, but he's coming along and I'm proud of the steps he's accomplished. He has Sensory Processing Disorder and visual processing (convergence and tracking) issues. He's a trooper to read as much as he is! We celebrate the little steps! Slow and steady wins the race!

Becca said...

I did not know an egg shell would disappear in vinegar - can't wait to try it at our house!

Jill said...

I have a late reader, yes. She left kindergarden so behind. First grade blossomed with that reading teacher. 2nd grade she's ok with a good way to go. Kids have so many alternative activities now a days as opposed  to books.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs