Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pray For me Monday

body





Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV) 





Welcome to this weeks Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to be working together on this journey!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write posts on relevant topics and post

  • You can link up your own post, comment or e-mail us your prayer requests

  • We'll pray for you and hopefully others will, too







Tiffany {the single one} says:




I have to say that I don't live in fear.  I have no fear to speak of~ unless it comes to my kids.  I fear that I am not giving the the proper education, I don't have them in the right therapies/with the right therapists, I haven't scheduled this appt or that evaluation...  





Then I think about the future.  Are they going to be able to live alone?  Will they ever 'get it' enough to not be taken advantage of?  Will they be able to live alone?  Raise a family?  Will Knuckles ever learn how to read?





I can go on and on.  





One thing that keeps me sane is that I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God has plans for my girls.  He has watched over them and put them in the best possible place for them right now.  This knowledge allows me to just keep on.  Sometimes we're not going in an upward line but I'm content with our straight shot.  The ups will come later.  I can wait.


Please pray for my girls and wisdom for me to handle them.  It's good right now but we can go downhill very quickly!




Pamela {the married one} says:



Do you live in fear? Are you consumed with anxiety? Do you worry about
what will happen next? Does it seem like the lions are just outside your
door waiting to come in and you cannot get the door to lock? 






Have you
heard the story of Daniel? 






This week we stayed home from church because the baby and I have a
cough. A cough we had a month ago and has now came back. Anyways, I
turned on the TV this morning and heard part of Joel Osteen and part of a
sermon a women was teaching but I did not catch her name. Both spoke
about this briefly. 






I would like to tell you that I put my faith in God and do not have
fear but that is not truth. I constantly fear what people will think
about how I raise my children.






I have a great ability that allows me to
ignore the fact that my husband is deploying again. To live in the
moment and forget what is really going on. But then there are moments
when I read about a high school friend who was injured in Afghanistan or
when I read a blog about a soldier who lost his life to PTSD. That is
when I let my fear rise up. 






But for today and for as many days as I can I am determined to get on my
knees more and ask for help. Instead of turning to friends and food,
this has become my normal. Nothing is wrong with turning to friends.
But I know I need to turn to God more. 






Psalm 91:1 


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 


2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.” 


3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence. 


4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 


5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day, 


6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday. 


7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you. 


8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked. 


9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling, 


10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent. 


11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways; 


12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 


13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 


14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 


15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him. 


16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”




This week, my prayer is that we do not live by fear or anxiety but rest
in his arms knowing that he will care take care of us.























0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs