Monday, January 23, 2012

Letter to my Hero

Dear Hero,
It has been a couple of crazy, busy crazy days. There are days I wish we had a video crew following us because we could surely make money.
Friday night I watched Courageous with the kids. I said no electronics while we watched it. Grace cried through the whole movie. I love her heart. I cried through a lot of it even though I had seen it. I cannot wait for you to see it. I am really wishing we had someone we could leave the kids with over night or someone to stay at the house while we went away for the night. Can you imagine a night in a hotel, ordering room service and watching a movie and then sleeping in. oh that sounds amazing.
Saturday we stayed home and did not do a lot. Well that is not totally true. By 9am we had the whole house straightened up and I made eggs, sausage and biscuits. I tried to make gravy but it did not turn out. I did make Hope a skirt. Which was not fun; since I have no ironing board but that is a story for another day?

Sunday was a day to remember. First I realized I forgot the babies’ cup so we stopped at Wal-mart to pick up one. I also picked up Vitamin water because it was by the register. Did I tell you I have completely moved him to straw cups and that I no longer give him one at nap or bedtime. It is amazing how few diapers I change now.
So we get to church and within a 15 minutes Michael came in and said that the battery in the van had died. Cody charged it after church. This was a awesome reminder that when someone says they will help while your soldier is gone that they will.
During the service (right as everyone was shaking hands and walks into the foyer) the nursery workers came to get me. I wish I would have taken a picture of this. They literally put James in a Rubbermaid container and two workers carried it into the bathroom. They had one hand on him and one hand on the bucket. He was standing up and had bowel all the way up his back. Of course it felt like half the church saw him. I do not know if it was the vitamin water or just something that happened. He has not had any problems since.
After church we went back to wal-mart and bought Hope a pair of tennis shoes. I know this does not sound like me but I almost did not buy them because they looked very generic to me and I did not like them. I know that sounds weird coming from me.
I stopped by auto zone and they said the battery is fine. They did suggest we go ahead and have a second one installed.
We came home and went to bed. Everyone laid down or was at least quiet.
Last night we went to AWANA. The kids had fun. Hope has to have the best teacher in the entire world. He has been so patient with her. We only have two more financial classes left. I forgot to tell you I went on Dave Ramsey’s site and ordered us a new wallet book. I have really torn this one up. The one I ordered has plastic pages so I am hoping they do not tear as easily. When I picked up James they had all the toddlers lined up on the wall and the teacher would say 1, 2, 3 and James would scream GO and take off running. I was so excited. I had not heard him say go before.
We came home and went straight to bed, everyone was ready for bed.
I have so much more to tell you but I will wait. I do not want to over whelm you.


Post a Comment

Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs