Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pray For me Monday


Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV) 





Welcome to this weeks Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to be working together on this journey!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write posts on relevant topics and post

  • You can link up your own post, comment or e-mail us your prayer requests

  • We'll pray for you and hopefully others will, too



Tiffany {the single one} says:




I am so glad that Pamela write about encouragement this week.  {I usually let Pam decide what we talk about and just follow her lead.}  




Encouragement is something with which I struggle.  In this valley of my life, I could really use it.  From women that really mean it.




I always wished I was someone that had that group of gf's that really stick with you.  The ones that go out to dinner periodically and are there for each other.  The one's that hug you when you're down and catch you when you're falling.




However, at this point in my life, my kids consume me.  I've said before that I don't go anywhere or do anything~ and it's true.  




I do have gf's though, that are there for me; I don't want to discount them.  It's just that we're all so bust struggling with our own lives.  We have small kids, husbands that are transferred, live states apart, etc.  




Just remember to encourage each other as much as you can.  You never know who really needs to hear it.




Make a goal to reach out to one person this week.  Really reach out~ go out of your way to encourage someone else.  






Let me know how it goes.




Pamela {the married one} says:





This morning our chaplain spoke on encouraging one another. It touched me. I have to admit that I sometimes forget to encourage others. I make comments without thinking about it. But I am not intentional about lifting up and encouraging those I know need it. 





As I type this I can think of someone who I know could use encouragement and yet every time I see her I do not give it. 



In the NIV of the Bible it says
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. 



This week I want to encourage you, encourage you to not give up. Even when you are tired, even when you feel alone, even when your marriage is struggling or your children are struggling. I want to remind you that we serve a strong God who knows what is going on even when you think no one knows. 





I want to encourage you to keep showing your children God’s word. When you think you can do no more, then take it to God and ask him to show you how to do more.





I would love to hear how you found time to encourage someone this week. Maybe we can hold each other accountable. 





This week I have a prayer request that I do not know how to explain. On 10-31-11 our dog of 10 years passed away suddenly. Just 2 days later my hero brought home a 5 week old puppy. I asked him not to get a puppy but he thought it was for the best. Over the last 2.5 months I have dealt with her biting on everything and tearing things up, I have been the one to potty train. Those first few nights when I was so angry she was around she decided that she would only sleep if she was in my hair. Honestly, I have grown to love her. 





Over the last few days she has nipped 2 of my children. I cannot decide what this means. Is she just being a puppy or is this signs of aggression? I do not know how to handle this. I am calling the Vet first thing in the morning to ask for help. She has not been old enough for puppy training classes.



Please pray that we will know what to do and how to do it. She weighed 3.4 pounds when we got her and she now weighs 22 pounds. She is a Deutsch Sheppard and we are told she will be about 60-70 pounds. My hero is away at training right now so communication is almost non-existent. She plays constantly with my kids and normally the baby can steal her food right out of her bowl. She is very smart and has learned to lay and sit and stay. 



Thank you for your prayers.


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs