Sunday, May 8, 2011

Military Monday

Can you believe it is Monday again? It seems like time is flying by. I guess if I am honest I could say my son is officially a high schooler. He finished eighth grade a few weeks ago. In just a few weeks I will have 2 elementary children, a middle schooler and a high schooler. I may scream.
Our military life is the same this week. My husband had the honor of visiting another chapel this morning and taking pictures for a friend’s baby dedication. I had the privilege of meeting there chaplain a few hours later. It was so neat to meet another chaplain. If you are looking for a church I encourage you to visit your local chapel. The chapel has changed so much since we joined the Army. Check out the marriage retreats that the Chapel offers. It is amazing to go on a retreat with other military families who understand what you are going through.
How was your Mother’s Day? Was your husband home? My husband was home. This year I helped friends children make a apron for their mom. I encourage you to help the kids of a deployed soldier. It is hard on them when they wake up on Mother’s day or mom’s birthday and do not have anything to give her.
Pamela
Military Mondays Family and Spouse Carnival at Army Wives' Lives

2 comments:

Army Tankers Wife said...

Hi there! I came by from the blog hop and now am a new follower thru GFC and Facebook. I would love a follow back when you get a chance.

www.armytankerswife.com

Tiffany said...

What an awesome idea to help your friends' kids make a mother's day gift! You are so thoughtful. I bet she appreciated it so much!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs