Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Homemaking Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
I just checked and it said a perfect 66 degrees. If only it would stay that way. It will be 90 by this afternoon. It says 60 in the morning and high 80’s all week. I am ready for it to cool off but not so much that the kids cannot go outside and play.


Things that make me happy:
Waking to a straightened kitchen, it makes me want to jump in and bake something for no reason. I love a clean kitchen.


Book I'm reading:
Night Light by James Dobson, I have had it for years and just re picked it up. It is what I am using for my morning quiet time.


What's on my TV today:
My baby can read, I am sure I am not doing it properly, but at least I feel like I have something I can turn on that is guilt free.


On the menu for dinner:
chicken or something with homemade mash potatoes. I need to really work on a menu. I am getting better at setting things out. Although I think I will make this my hero’s job so I do not have to remember and he can pick what he likes.


On my To Do List:
oh my, we have company coming this weekend. My washer and dryer need cleaned off, my fridge needs wiped out, my deck needs swept, my linen closet needs re folded.



New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Peanut butter smoothies. Banana, peanut butter and honey and milk. Oh man a great breakfast




In the craft basket:
I have not had time to breath let alone craft. Last week I did make my daughter 2 skirts. I took a pair of her older sisters’ jeans and cut the legs off them and made Grace a blue jeans skirt for pictures. Then I took a old pillow case dress and turned it into a skirt.


Looking forward to this week:
My mother in law is coming in town in 6 days. I cannot wait to see her, to set and talk to her, to laugh with her. To beg her to make me homemade mac-n-cheese and potato candy.


Tips and Tricks:
To get rid of knats, mix a half a cup of vinegar with 1T dish soap and leave setting out. After a couple of hours they will be gone. Sadly the next day you have to start the process over again.




My favorite blog post this week:

I am sorry I did not write it down, I will get better at this. Although, I have been watching all the cooking carnivals. I just saw a recipe for no bake cookies with nutella.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Pamela

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Cute post! I have to say I am curious... what is potato candy??

trooppetrie said...

http://trooppetrie.blogspot.com/2010/12/potato-candy.html

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs