Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I am so thankful, I often take time to stop and remind myself what I have to be thankful for when I am having a hard day.
This year I have a husband home with me. I understand what a blessing that is. I have had many holidays without my soldier.
I am thankful for my children. I thank God that he has blessed me with so many blessings even when the laundry is taller than me and the dishes go unwashed.
This year I am thankful for the new blessings that joined our family. I am thankful that they were allowed to stay with us.
I will never for one minute take for granted the time we have with each other.
This Thanksgiving is so different. Not just because my hero is home or because we have more blessings at our home but because there will be an empty seat at the table. It was painfully obvious when my mother in law pulled in the drive way and the kids screamed for mommal and not poppal. I want him back just for the day. I do not like the sadness; I do not like explaining to my children over and over that he will not be here. Although as much as I miss him today I am grateful that today he is eating what he likes and as much as he likes without fear of his sugar levels. So today I will be there for his wife and for my husband and remind them of the positives that he brought to our lives.
Today I am thankful for my friends who have rallied around me over the last year who and encouraged me when I thought I could not handle any more. Who stood up and made sure we had everything we needed and even what we wanted for the boys when they joined our family.
I am thankful for a mother. A mother who was a single mom raising 2 children with little help from her family. She woke each morning when I knew she tired and wore down. She allowed me to spread my wings and move out when I was ready to.
If I was honest I would tell you that I am a little thankful for this puppy who is laying on me right now. This puppy I said no to, this puppy that wakes me nightly to go out and has accidents in my house. She is worth it in the end but please do not tell anyone I said that.
What are you thankful for this year? Have you taken time to make a list of what you are thankful for?
Pamela

2 comments:

marsha said...

i am thankful for the best daugther could ever give a person a daughter who has brought me my love and joy then i ever knew one person could ever have. i love you so much my sweet baby girl. i am thankful for the person you have become in your life and for the awesome mother you are and for the wonderful wife who know matter what loves her hero. i am also happy that little puppy came into your life..stop spoiling her...love you

marsha said...

opps sorry i lfet out a word or two and my mis spelling...lol

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs