Monday, November 28, 2011

Pray for Me Monday

body






Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV) 





Welcome to this weeks Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to be working together on this journey!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write posts on relevant topics and post

  • You can link up your own post, comment or e-mail us your prayer requests

  • We'll pray for you and hopefully others will, too







Tiffany {the single one} says:




Proverbs 22:6 





Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. 





Children, of course we love them~ we just don't always like them, at least for the moment.



As I write this, I am arguing with my 2 year old to go back to bed.  She's tired and a bear and, honestly, I don't want to deal with it anymore.



While I know what is wrong with her, the reasons the other 2 {they just turned 8!} do things aren't so clear.



What is the Autism?  What is from their extreme immaturity?  What is from their social problems?



And, it's not only their actions.  I have a hard time deciding what I'm doing when we're working on school work.  What is from one of their LD's and what is lazy?  How hard should I push?  What are they really capable of?



Push too hard and it will turn them off of learning.  If I don't push hard enough, they will never live up to their potential...


Keep us in your prayers as we struggle along in our everyday life.  It will get better, I know, but just keep praying for us in the meantime.










Pam {the married one} says:




Psalm 86:11 





Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name. 





Do you ever think that your spouse or children should change? What they are doing is wrong. How they respond is wrong. You know it is wrong; you live with them, right? 





Have you ever taken a step back and thought why do they do it that way, why do I think what they are doing as harmful to me. 





For a year I saw my son pull back from the world more and more. I could not understand it. He would complain about not having friends but yet never wanted to get out and make friends. One day his counselor explained it. 





He wants friends but the problem is wanting them does not mean he is willing to do the work. In Michael’s eyes, if he got involved with others they could reject him, they could dislike him. It was easier to step back and not have friends. 





It broke my heart when it was explained that way to me. 



This week my prayer is that I will have my eyes open to what is going on before I pass judgment on what I think my spouse and children are thinking. That instead of assuming my husband is ignoring me I will ask him what is on his mind. It may be that he just needs a minute to relax before I start asking questions.













2 comments:

Bonny said...

pray for me.. my husband lost his job in october, and our insurance benefits run out at the end of Dec. my 3yr old needs to have eye surgery before then, and i am having gallbladder problems. we dont know where money will come from at the start of the new year. we are pulling my daughter out of preschool because we cant pay. i am tired, i am sick, and i am HOPEFUL that my Lord will provide! but we need all the prayers we can get right now... that the hubby finds a job and that it is when and what the Lord wants! thank  you... ur blog is encouraging!

Pam said...

oh Bonny, I am so sorry. I am praying for you. We recently gained 2 children to our family. It took several months to get them on our insurance. I was worried every day. I will surely pray for this situation and that your husband will be able to find a job quickly. 

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs