Friday, May 28, 2010

Letters to my Hero


Oh Rob, it is the best. I am setting on the porch right now and it is quiet and the wind is blowing and the sun is down. I came out to talk on the phone 20 minutes ago and as I was talking the son went down and the wind started blowing. We are suppose to have storms tonight. I hope they start soon because this is wonderful. The kids are playing with the kittens. I do not even care that it is after bedtime because I am enjoying it so much. I swear I can hear the rain but it is not hear. I keep looking for it.
Speaking of bedtime I have to make you laugh. So you know I was up the other night talking to the alarm company and trying to figure out what the beeping was. Well last night I went to let the dog in and he was gone. I searched the house, went back in the backyard with a flashlight (note to self, the flashlight app is not very bright). Checked the girls room for the thumping sound of his tale and nothing. Even came out front thinking maybe he got out of the fence and nothing. I was getting really nervous and about to start driving around the neighborhood but did not want to wake the kids. So I looked under the girl’s bed and guess who I found. I stayed up last night watching some cop show and the night before watching dirty dancing. I have got to go to bed early tonight.
We had a great day. The zoo was wonderful. I was concerned my foot would hurt but it never did. The other one did for some crazy reason but the one hurt feels great. Most of the animals were laying around and not too active but the kids did not mind. Grace walked most of the day. We did not eat there but I did splurge and get ice cream. We parked in almost the same spot as last time. The new lens was wonderful.
OOH, I wish you could feel this wind. It is wonderful. I just told Michael to open all the windows up again. I am missing you now and wishing you were here to hear this thunder and lightning. I wish we had that swing on the front porch right now.
Can you believe a year ago today you got your first tube put into your leg. What a wild weekend last Memorial Day was. This year we are staying home and relaxing. The kids think they are doing school tomorrow but we will see how the day goes.
We did not order pizza tonight because we were all tired and I picked up dollar burgers on the way home but man am I wishing we would have right now.
Okay, I guess I should probably shut down my laptop since it is not even on a surge protector. I love you so much and cannot wait to talk to you tomorrow.
Love you babe,
Pamela PETRIE

6 comments:

Renee said...

Pam the photos are Really Good :)

Stacey said...

Sounds like a lovely day :) Thank you for stopping by & dropping a comment!
And I'm not sure where your hubby is serving, but a big thank you all the sacrifices and for his commitment to our country!

S.I.F. said...

I am cracking up at the picture in my head of you using the flashlight app! These pictures turned out great and I'm sure they mean the world to your hero to see!

WifeontheRollerCoaster said...

I love that you write to your husband like this. And I'm sure he loves reading them. I really need to write to my husband more often but sometimes I just know what to say. Great pictures!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I love that you write these newsy letters to your Hero and share them with the rest of us. You, and your children, are precious! Thanks again for the service and sacrifice that your family is giving for all of us!

BigMamaCass said...

Awww! What a nice letter. And the pictures are great!! :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs