Saturday, February 20, 2010

the unpacking begins


The movers arrived a little after 8am. I think there were 5 guys all together. They were done before 2 and that is even with putting together the kitchen table, china cabinet (although I do not have china) and all the beds and the computer desk. They were supper nice. They did not use foul language or try to smoke which makes my year. I did hear a conversation that included taking a shower twice a day and still having a smell. They brought 99% of everything through the garage which means I set in the garage for HOURS freezing. My feet were numb. Rob left for a little while to go to the leasing agency to turn in the list of things we found wrong with the house.
I got 80% of the kitchen and living room unpacked. We even cooked our first meal. We grilled steaks and baked potatoes in the microwave. It was so nice to sleep in my bed. Faith made it through sleeping in her own room for the first time in 7 years. I thought she would at least want a night light but nope she said I have my teddy.
It looks like everything got here in one piece except we are missing the 2 shelves for our entertainment stand. We have the brackets that hold them in but no shelves. I would not be too worried except the DISH guy will be here in the next couple of hours and it would be nice to have those shelves. Can I just say I am so looking forward to going into my room, shutting the door, turning on the TV and taking a nap this afternoon.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Our only plans are to unpack and maybe try out a church tomorrow morning. Rob would like to go chop some wood today. I am perfectly okay with that. I have enjoyed the fire place going constantly (well except at night because I am scared).
 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs