Tuesday, February 9, 2010

we have moved into a hotel

I had this wonderful LONG post about the last several days and what has happened and then well it got lost. my wonderful husband bought me a new laptop and I am not use to using it. so I am just going to state some facts
1. Wed-Friday movers were at my house
2. Friday I saw a semi drive away with all my stuff
3. Saturday my husband was trying to fill in some holes in the backyard and got his truck stuff, scroll down to read what I wrote
4. Sunday faith fell in the garage and we thought for sure she had broke her arm, still sore but okay
5. Sunday I said good bye to baby will and cried like a fool when I left
6. Sunday I accidently drove past the pound and it hit me that just 5 days earlier we had dropped off our dog of 10 years, I even saw dogs outside and lost it. Luckily I was on the phone with my mom and she convinced me to not drive back and see if he was outside, although I do wonder if he barks when I drive by my house did he recognize my van and get sad.
7. Sunday night we went to a friend’s house so rob could watch the super bowl party and I could do laundry and we ate a Andes mint cake, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I cried all the way home because I think my friend and I have more in common than most people know
8. Monday morning we woke up to snow, not a lot and I was glad because it covered up DH’s tire tracks in the backyard.
9. Monday morning we had our final inspection with the house and I had to leave the room twice to avoid arguing with housing, in the end we are being charged $30 which is okay and honest they could have charged us more
10. Monday we drove 5 hours to some place in GA and spent the night and ate at pizza hut, I did not sleep well and am overly tired
11. Today we drove through rain to South Carolina and then into north Carolina and made it to fort Bragg
12. We looked at military housing and while it is pretty it is way too small for us. Then we looked at another house that was big enough but really outdated
13. We found out from friends that we were looking in the bad section of town for houses and we are in the worse possible location for a hotel.
14. Speaking of hotels, while it is not a holiday inn they have been super nice to us and the room is HUGE, you walk into a normal 2 bed hotel room and then there is a fridge, microwave, stove with oven and sink. Then there is a second room with a TV, tables and fold out couch.
15. We picked up lunch at Wendy’s using gift cards from the girls AHG friends. Stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a few groceries for the next couple of days
16. Now it is 9:23 and I am trying not to pull my hair out while I get the kids to calm down and go to sleep
17. I have a whole post on hotel showers and chicken trucks and my new laptop and house hunting and how proud I am that I did not read one text message while driving. I have never texted and drove or read messages but I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempted today when I heard my phone beeping and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bored of driving
18. Please continue to pray for us as we find a house and get settled and unpacked.
19. Ooh yeah transportation called and said our stuff is here and it weighed 19 thousand pounds, I am beyond scared of how much this move is going to cost us because we are only allowed 12,500. YIKES.
20. Okay I am going to bed
 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs