Friday, January 14, 2011
What do you do on a Friday night? Every Friday night we watch a movie and make popcorn. This week we decided to make carmel corn. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. My hero knew of a recipe using a paper bag. It took forever to find a decent recipe. I found one and changed it up a bit.
1 cup brown sugar (240g)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick, 113g)
1/4 cup light corn syrup (79g)
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
16 cups popped corn (made at home or purchased pre-popped)
Microwave in bag for 30 seconds, shake, again
1. pop the popcorn, pour in brown grocery bag
2. in a saucepan combine sugar, butter, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil.
3. Boil 3 minutes stirring to keep from over flowing.
4. Pour over popcorn, make sure no ones fingers are in the way. Because I forgot this step my wonderful, amazing, handsome husband has a very sore finger.
5. Shake quickly to evenly coat.
6. Put bag in microwave for 30 seconds, pull out and shake, repeat
7. Pour popcorn onto cookie sheet to cool