Friday, January 14, 2011
What do you do on a Friday night? Every Friday night we watch a movie and make popcorn. This week we decided to make carmel corn. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. My hero knew of a recipe using a paper bag. It took forever to find a decent recipe. I found one and changed it up a bit.
1 cup brown sugar (240g)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick, 113g)
1/4 cup light corn syrup (79g)
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
16 cups popped corn (made at home or purchased pre-popped)
Microwave in bag for 30 seconds, shake, again
1. pop the popcorn, pour in brown grocery bag
2. in a saucepan combine sugar, butter, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil.
3. Boil 3 minutes stirring to keep from over flowing.
4. Pour over popcorn, make sure no ones fingers are in the way. Because I forgot this step my wonderful, amazing, handsome husband has a very sore finger.
5. Shake quickly to evenly coat.
6. Put bag in microwave for 30 seconds, pull out and shake, repeat
7. Pour popcorn onto cookie sheet to cool
Labels: Carmel Popcorn