Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strawberry picking




For weeks we have seen signs for Strawberry farms. So the other day we decided to find one. I think we picked the perfect one and I think we found one of our new favorite spots. The strawberries are only $1.30 a pound if you pick them yourself and of course the kids would have it no other way. I came home and quickly made 4 dozen strawberry muffins because I knew if I did not they would be gone in a couple of hours. They had wonderful tomatoes and asperagus and local honey. I am sure we will be going back this week. We are still using our topsy turvey and it has several small strawberries on it right now but it will never be able to produce enough for my babies. We only collected one bucket and half a purse full. And they only ate a couple in the field.

2 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The berries looks amazing. I bet they made wonderful muffins!

debbie_suburbsanity said...

As soon as they get ripe around here, we are going picking too!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs