Friday, July 6, 2012

5 Question Friday

1. Is love at 1st sight possible? I cannot imagine it being that way. Maybe because I am hyper critical. I think you need to take time to get to know them, know what they believe in, know what they want in life. I think falling in love takes time but staying in love takes alot of work. I do not think anyone warned me that I would have to work to stay in love. 2. How did you choose your pet's name? The kids chose the dog and the cat looks just like my husband’s uniform. We always said we would never name our kids or animals after anything in the Army but she changed us. Our cat’s name is A.C.U.. When we took Abby to the vet the first day they insisted it end with a E (I know how weird mama m)that is makes it easier to hear for her. So that helped break the tie and she was Abby. 3. What are you considering giving up (cable, home phone)? I would love to give up cable and our home phone. Although, I like our cable more than I admit. I think I could get use to not having it. I think the one thing I could not give up was internet. That scares me. I think I could give it up for a couple of days but not for long. How would I know what to cook. And it has been forever since I walked into a bank to deposit a check. I can deposit checks using my phone now. 4. How much do you pay your babysitter? My sitter charges $6 an hour. OUCH! She earns every penny of it so I cannot complain. I remember when I started babysitting at 12 I made $1.25 and many years later I got paid $2.50. Oh those were the days. WAIT, I babysit for a friend right now and if you calculate it out I make $2.70 a hour. I would not change it because she is precious. I never know what to charge. I want to pay enough that they want to come back but I also do not want to pay so much that I can not go and do anything. Then there is the issue that sometimes they will keep 3 kids and sometimes 6. So then what do I charge. Oh paying for sitters is so crazy. 5. How "young" is old enough to babysit? Oh man I was 12 but that seems so young. I think it totally depends upon the child. I think my 12 year old could care for her siblings while I ran to the store but I would not leave her for very long with the baby. Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs