Friday, April 29, 2011

Homeschool Journal

In my life this week…I had/have a sinus infection. It is my first and it is kicking my behind. I did not realize I needed to go to the doctor until I realized I had taken a entire bottle of ibuprofen.
In our homeschool this week…
We did math at the strawberry patch and studied animals at the zoo and aquarium and worked on math review skills.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… we are going to a friend’s today to see her chickens, in the last week we have gone to the beach and zoo and aquarium and gone strawberry picking. It has been a busy week.
My favorite thing this week was…
Having friends over to play almost daily and today we are going to visit a friend who has chickens, I cannot wait.
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
How is my son done with school for the year but my girls still having another month at least? How do you prepare your child for standardized test?
A photo, video, link, or quote to share



Pamela
The Homeschool Mother's Journal

6 comments:

Samantha Kelley said...

We thankfully don't have to do standardized tests here. I know of a few that do them, but we don't. Have fun with that!

Rainydayinmay said...

sounds like a lovely week!

Eileen said...

I have found that my boys need more structure and challenge than my girls do. Make sure your son is not too idle for too long while your teaching the girls. My girls can be happy 'just being' sometimes. My college boys can now but not as much while they were younger. We have taken the CAT5 standardized test in the past and we did not have to prepare for it. My older children who have taken the SAT have gotten an SAT prep book from the library.

Tiffany said...

Strawberry picking sounds like so much fun! My kids would love to do that. Sounds like you guys had a super busy, super fun week.

I gave you and award. Come by and pick it up when you can.
http://howaretheharmons.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-got-award.html

Melissa said...

I picked up some strawberries today! Can't wait to dive in!

Mrs. O said...

Stopping by from the Hop, LOVE your header pic, too cute! Glad I found your blog. Strawberry patch? I am so jealous!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs